Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2011 15:00

RED & SCRAMBLE Screen on DELL Inspiron 1525 Laptop

Hello:

I have a DELL Inspiron 1525 (Model No PP29L).I have a problem with my screen, it happens to turn red and scrumble sometimes, mostly when I open it and start it. The problem is solved by moving the screen a little bit or pressing the screen at the left bottom with my fingers for a while, but the problem will be back at any time after any days. As I see it, this can be a problem about a wrong installation of the screen or something is not well pressed or connected or screwed. I believe this to be a hardware problem and not a software problem at all. The problem does not bother all the time, but since I want to sell the notebook, I would like the problem to disappear completely forever.

I post for you some images about the problem and also the screen as when I press it at the left lower corner and the problem is solved.

Any solutions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo RG

PD: As I bought the laptop in USA and brought it to Perú, I don´t have access to the warranty.

NORMAL SCREEN, pressed on the lower left side to solve the problem.

Normal Screen

7 Posts

July 13th, 2011 16:00

Thank you very much for your solution. As a way to detect which is the problem, your advice is great. As a way to do it cheaply, is not so much. I hope there can be a way to make a repair instead of a replacement of the broken piece, wherever is the screen or the video card (that obviously can not be fix it). But, be sure I will do the test as you say. I believe this can be a problem with some bad screwing or screen installation. Thank you again.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If pressing on the screen solves the problem, you can check to see if the screen is firmly attached.  However, expect to find that the screen itself needs to be replaced.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Attach an external monitor.  If it shows a good image, the screen is bad - replace the display panel.

If the external monitor shows the same fault, it's the video chip that is bad - replace the mainboard.

No Events found!